Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

What are we doing here?

This only scratches the surface of what we are doing here, but here you go.

We are now more three months into our new lives in Florida. Well, our lives aren't really new except for the fact that we are living them in a new location with new people. I can't count how many times people have asked me "so why did you move to Florida?". When Tim and I were engaged I knew then that his heart was set on moving to Florida to do ministry. We anticipated moving sometime after we were married, but didn't know when. Tim grew up in Florida and after becoming a believer and going off to college he had a strong desire to come back to his home state and minister to people here.

We targeted the Orlando area for two main reasons: 1. There is church called CrossPointe that has had incredible impact in Florida. The pastors are humble, encouraging, teachers of the word that are great examples of how to pastor well. Tim knew he wanted to be under that kind of leadership and to learn from them. 2. We knew I have been called to pursue training as a Professional Counselor. Reformed Theological Seminary is located just north of Orlando and they have an incredible and very unique Professional Counseling program where I will doing my studies.

During our third year of marriage we really began pursuing the idea of really moving to Florida. With Orlando as our target, Tim started the hunt for a job. Many applications later he was made aware that the Wycliffe Headquarters was located in Orlando. He looked at their job openings, applied, didn't get the job and resumed the search.  A few weeks later Wycliffe called about another position they had opening and asked if he would be interested in interviewing. He was.  He got the job. A date was set. We would move June 24, 2011.

(Wycliffe happened to be within a mile or two of the church we wanted to attend.)

We are here. We are thankful and excited. The church has been beyond encouraging. We are excited to grow in the community. I am so thankful for Tim's job. What an encouraging group of people he works with. I was also able to get a job at Wycliffe that I am thankful for. I am really able to utilize a lot of my skills in this job. I have been able to set aside money to save for counseling program and look forward to pursuing my education as soon as possible.

Thank you to whoever has been praying. The prayers have been felt! What a transition this has been, but spiritually so enlivening.

...and I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. Philippians 1:6

Indeed He is.




No comments: